[SimGrid-user] Scheduling Distributed with SimGrid

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at ens-rennes.fr
Tue Jul 11 18:15:35 CEST 2017

Hello,

this is a tough question. MSG was specifically designed for distributed scheduling algorithms, so it should be well adapted for that. But then, this API is really aging and a lot of people just hate it nowadays. This is why we are in the process of designing s4u, a brand new API for simgrid.

I think that if you feel more confident in C, then go for MSG which should be somewhat OK for your study. If you prefer C++, then go for s4u (we did not had the time to port this API to java or python yet).

Please be warned that the s4u API may still be modified from one simgrid release to the other. We try to avoid this, but it can still happen.

Is this answering your question? If not, please elaborate. I seem to be missing some words in your mail :)

Bye, Mt.

----- Mail original -----