[SimGrid-user] Complex arguments for s4u::Actor::createActor

Pierre-Fran├žois Dutot pierre-francois.dutot at inria.fr
Thu Jul 13 16:36:02 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I am trying to move from MSG to s4u, and encounter the following
question. I used to pass complex structures to MSG_process_create, and I
am now limited to std::vector<std::string> types of arguments for actors
created with s4u.

I found an ugly hack (described in the attached file), but I wonder if
there isn't a more elegant way to pass my complex structures to the new
Actor ?

As you can see, the attached example is directly inspired from
simgrid/examples/s4u/actor-create/s4u_actor-create.cpp

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Pierre-Fran├žois.