[SimGrid-user] Regarding GridSim P2P simulation

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at ens-rennes.fr
Mon Jul 17 09:51:04 CEST 2017

GridSim is http://www.buyya.com/gridsim/
SimGrid is our project.

GridSim != SimGrid, obviously. Support for GridSim seems to be http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=94592 (but we never got any answer from that list, even when we reported grave validity issues).

If your question was about SimGrid (despite what is written), then I can tell you that SimGrid is already used to test the TomP2P application (http://tomp2p.net/) which shares your needs. It's written in Java so you cannot reuse any code from them. Other projects using SimGrid for that are written in C++ (but in other contexts). See http://simgrid.gforge.inria.fr/simgrid/3.17/doc/getting_started.html (page bottom).

SimGrid is usable for what you want, but I think that you will have to rewrite some parts of your application to make it fit within the simulator.

We are willing to help, provided that you stop speaking of GridSim ;)

Bye, Mt.

PS: please keep the user mailing list in CC.

----- Mail original -----