[SimGrid-user] Challenges in executing MSG documentation example- PingPong.c

Monika Sharma monika71190 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 20:45:26 CEST 2017

Hi Team,

This is in reference with my previous email "Challenges in executing MSG
documentation example- PingPong.c
"
To make this simpler I tried to execute a simpler example of MSG named "
process-create.c " and below is the compilation out put..

$gcc processCreate.c -I/home/monika/software/SimGrid-3.14.159/include
-lsimgrid -L/usr/lib -o processCreate

/tmp/cc1w8I91.o: In function `main':
processCreate.c:(.text+0x77): undefined reference to `sg_version_check'
processCreate.c:(.text+0x13e): undefined reference to `MSG_host_by_name'
processCreate.c:(.text+0x15f): undefined reference to `MSG_host_by_name'

I am unable to figure out the reason behind the error I am getting. I have
checked " simgrid_config.h " file and below are the contents

#define SIMGRID_VERSION_MAJOR 3
#define SIMGRID_VERSION_MINOR 14
#define SIMGRID_VERSION_PATCH 159

I have installed SimGrid 3.14.159 in Docker debian image.

Regards,
Monika Sharma