[SimGrid-user] SMPI tracing

degomme augustin.degomme at unibas.ch
Tue Jun 13 16:01:41 CEST 2017

Hello,

1. I think this happens if arguments are used before the call to
MPI_Init(argc, argv) is done, as we may "fix" the argument list at this
moment (we add some specific arguments at the start for MPI_Init to
read, and they are then removed.. The 1 you see must be the ).  Could
you put this call at the start of your program ? it should not change
its behavior.

2. Gf type units are only supported in platform description, not in
configuration options I think, but indeed having it would be nice.

3. The last number is optional, and represents the datatype used. If
absent, it is assumed to be MPI_BYTE and the count of elements will
represent the size of the message, but in some tracing tools it can be
different. You can check decode_datatype or encode_datatype functions in
src/smpi/smpi_replay.cpp for the list (0 is MPI_DOUBLE, 1 is MPI_INT).

Best regards,

Augustin