[SimGrid-user] SMPI tracing

Ali Omar Abdelazim Mohammed ali.mohammed at unibas.ch
Wed Jun 14 13:53:49 CEST 2017

Dear Mr. Degomme,

Thank you very much, for all your answers.

I did what you suggested in 1. and it works fine.

Thanks,
Ali

On 13 Jun 2017, at 16:01, degomme <augustin.degomme at unibas.ch<mailto:augustin.degomme at unibas.ch>> wrote:

Hello,

1. I think this happens if arguments are used before the call to MPI_Init(argc, argv) is done, as we may "fix" the argument list at this moment (we add some specific arguments at the start for MPI_Init to read, and they are then removed.. The 1 you see must be the ).  Could you put this call at the start of your program ? it should not change its behavior.

2. Gf type units are only supported in platform description, not in configuration options I think, but indeed having it would be nice.

3. The last number is optional, and represents the datatype used. If absent, it is assumed to be MPI_BYTE and the count of elements will represent the size of the message, but in some tracing tools it can be different. You can check decode_datatype or encode_datatype functions in src/smpi/smpi_replay.cpp for the list (0 is MPI_DOUBLE, 1 is MPI_INT).

Best regards,

Augustin