[SimGrid-user] SimGrid v3.16 released

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at ens-rennes.fr
Thu Jun 22 23:33:49 CEST 2017

Hello,

I just pushed the source tar file to the servers, releasing the new
SimGrid version. I'm happy to release right 3 months after the
previous release, with a rather large change set.
It was widely tested and should work for you out of the box.
If not please speak up (and we love positive feedback too ;)

                    _               _____  _  __
__   _____ _ __ ___(_) ___  _ __   |___ / / |/ /_
\ \ / / _ \ '__/ __| |/ _ \| '_ \    |_ \ | | '_ \
 \ V /  __/ |  \__ \ | (_) | | | |  ___) || | (_) |
  \_/ \___|_|  |___/_|\___/|_| |_| |____(_)_|\___/
               June 22 2017

The Blooming Spring Release: developments are budding.

 * S4U: Progress; Activity refcounting is now automatic.
 * XML: <AS> can now be named <zone> as they should.
 * SMPI: Further performance improvements; RMA support.
 * Cloud: Multi-core VMs (do not overcommit them yet)
 * (+ bug fixes, cleanups and documentation improvements)

Please read the ChangeLog for more information. Some known bugs and
glitches are documented in this file:
https://gitlab.inria.fr/simgrid/simgrid/blob/e5606f7a38a24e81575b50fbf962486aeff9ac67/ChangeLog

The source archive can be downloaded from
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=12

The new jarfile is still to be uploaded, but the daemons are not done
compiling it yet. I will upload it tomorrow.

Enjoy, Mt.