[SimGrid-user] Requesting video tutorials

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at ens-rennes.fr
Sun Oct 15 13:05:00 CEST 2017

Hello Masoud,

please keep these discussion to the public mailing list, as SimGrid is
more a collaborative effort than my own pet project ;)

As for the python bindings, that's definitely planned. The current
roadmap is to pursue the development of S4U, which will be the main
interface of SimGrid v4, and then work on proposing bindings to that
API in python and java at least. I think we're close from a
feature-complete S4U, since WRENCH [1] is already working on top of
S4U. One target of the next release is to convert all existing MSG
examples to S4U, to ensure that we're really feature complete.

[1] http://wrench-project.org/

Python, is interesting because it would allow to have SimGrid
simulations in Jupyter.

As for the CLion plugin, I'm not sure. I am rather an advocate of free
software when possible. Plus, what could such a plugin be useful for?
What feature would you like to see in such a tool? Do you have an
example of similar plugin for another project?

Thanks for your precious feedback,
Mt.

--
Internet est un danger public puisqu'ouvert à n'importe qui pour dire
n'importe quoi.   -- Françoise Giroud, Le Nouvel Observateur.