[SimGrid-user] SimDag: Issues when dynamically changing a DAG

Kiril Dichev K.Dichev at qub.ac.uk
Mon Oct 30 15:53:45 CET 2017

Hi guys,

I'm using SimDag and trying to dynamically modify DAGs as part of my
research on failure recovery. Unfortunately, I am getting unexpected
results.

My scenario is to replace a DAG T1->(a)->T2 with T1'->(a)'->T2 during
simulation, after T1 completes. (a) and (a)' are transfer tasks (e2e tasks).

I currently try the following:

1. I start with T1 -> (a) -> T2, where (a) is a transfer task.

2. I pause after T1 is done (using SD_task_watch), and dynamically
remove (a), the dependency T1 -> (a), and the dependency (a) -> T2.

3. I create T1' -> (a)' -> T2, and schedule T1' to run.

My expectation is that this will work. However, T1' completes but (a)'
and T2 in this case remain SD_SCHEDULED forever. Any ideas why that happens?

Thanks,

Kiril

PS: I attach the code and the used host file config.

--
Kiril Dichev
Research Fellow