[SimGrid-user] Simgrid Cluster Speed property configuration

Santiago Lambrisca santiagolambrisca at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 20:47:06 CEST 2018

Hello!

I am trying to compare the times of some apps on real MPI  vs SMPI on a few
ARM nodes.

I would like your help to configure my SimGrid platform.
My platform is a Cluster.
I would like to know if there is any way to estimate the speed property of
my real host.
Besides, how the calibrate_flops.py is related to the speed.

I got the calibrate_flops.py script from here.

> http://simgrid.github.io/SMPI_CourseWare/topic_understanding_performance/
> matrixmultiplication/

By now, I setted the *speed* value randomly, and setted the
*smpi/host-speed* I got from the calibrate_flops.py
I compiled both apps (smpi and mpi) with -O3.
But then if I fit the speed to reduce error on a cpi example, I get some
error on another app doing a simple addition on loop.

Can I estimate that speed parameter? or it should be fitted mannually?

Thanks in advance,
Santiago