[SimGrid-user] Analyze the trace file generated by MPI program

Lucas M. Schnorr schnorr at inf.ufrgs.br
Thu Apr 26 17:46:12 CEST 2018

Hi,

I also recommend using pj_dump (part of pajeng [1]). If you want to
understand the CSV-like output of pj_dump, you can check the wiki [2]. A
newer version of the document describing the Paje language is available [3].

[1]: https://github.com/schnorr/pajeng
[2]: https://github.com/schnorr/pajeng/wiki/pj_dump
[3]:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/schnorr/pajeng/master/doc/lang-paje/lang-paje.pdf

Best,
Lucas

On 04/26/2018 12:24 PM, Arnaud Legrand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 26/04/2018 à 17:15, 起小点 a écrit :
>> I use the MPI simulation module in SimGrid to generate a trace file for
>> the MPI source code simulation run. What does the number in the file
>> represent? The source code and file screenshots are as follows, please
>> help me to answer it, thank you!
> Paje traces are auto-described traces (see
> paje.sourceforge.net/download/publication/lang-paje.pdf). An easy way to
> extract them is to rely on pj_dump from pajejng
> (https://github.com/schnorr/pajeng) and R as I've doen here:
> http://simgrid.gforge.inria.fr/contrib/R_visualization.php
>
> I hope it will help you. Come back to us if it doesn't.
>
> Best,
>
>    Arnaud

Lucas M. Schnorr, UFRGS
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~schnorr/