[Why3-club] Low level constructs

Jean-Christophe Filliatre Jean-Christophe.Filliatre at lri.fr
Mon Aug 15 21:01:52 CEST 2016

Hi Neil,

There are no gotos in WhyML, as already mentioned by Per.

But WhyML supports exceptions and some gotos (typically forward gotos)
can be translated to exceptions (with a "raise" at the goto place and a
suitable "try with" to handle it at the goto label place).

Of course, if you are interested in the full power of gotos, this is a
different matter.

The ARM paper mentioned by Per builds upon an older paper of mine where
the verification of assembly programs is considered. You can find it
here: http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/publis/verifmix.pdf
This handles arbitrary control flows, provided any loop in the CFG
contains at least an invariant.

Jean-Christophe