[Why3-club] plans about why/krakatoa ?

Claude Marche Claude.Marche at inria.fr
Fri Mar 22 16:07:53 CET 2019

Hello,

To give an answer to this question: the maintenance of the why package,
that was providing the Why3 front-ends for Java (Krakatoa) and C (the
Jessie plug-in of Frama-C) depends on shallow human resources that are
not sufficient for the upgrade to Why3 1.xx

There are currently on-going independent plans for successors of
Krakatoa and Jessie, but if they ever come to existence, it will
certainly be under the form of independent packages.

In other words, it is expected that the package called 'why' will never
be updated anymore.

- Claude

PS: no need to be sad of course, 'Why' will live forever thanks to the
software heritage project ;-)